Photography News Compitition
Photography News Camera Club of the Year (competition)
Photography News, the free paper that we get at the club, has launched a competition for camera clubs. The first prize is a Canon projector and a workshop with David Noton.
The competition runs over five months with a different theme each month that each photograph will be judged against. Each club will be asked to submit five images from five different photgraphers in their membership. The newspaper's judges will mark each image out of 20 giving the club a score out of 100. At the end of the five competitons the club with the most points will win the prize.
Each month I will make announcements on the club night and on this page about the next theme and call for you to upload your candidate images from which the Committee will make the final submission to represent our Society.
I have read through the competition's terms and conditions, here, and the one that pertains to the copyright of your image(s) says this:
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bright Publishing Ltd and Canon UK to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition. Each entrant also grants a worldwide, free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Canon UK to feature any or all of the submitted images on their loveDSLR.com website.
This means the publishing company and Canon can use your image for some free advertising but only relating to this competition and use it on their loveDSLR.com website.
Please, only upload your image(s) if you are happy to comply with this condition.
The theme for the first month, December, is Water. The closing date for getting your entries uploaded is Wednesday 31st December.
The rules for this competition, set by the organisers, require your image(s) to be a jpeg, resized to 72 dpi and between 1 and 3 Mb with this naming convention:
- your name_image title.jpg
- your name is: Martin Rendall
- image title is: My Best Sunset
- giving a name of: Martin Rendall_My Best Sunset.jpg
I'm sorry but I do not have the time to research unnamed images or to resize your image(s) for you so I will have to reject anything that does not comply.
So to recap:
- This month's theme is Water
- Please send me up to five images to choose from
- Resize to a 72 dpi jpeg
- Between 1 and 3 Mb
- Rename the image: your name_image title.jpg
- Don't forget to logoff when finished
The Competition Secretary
Information that might be helpful.
Also see Tutorials and advice